Dominion Gas | (800) 362-7557 | www.DominionEnergy.com
First Energy Electric | (800) 589-3101 | www.FirstEnergyCorp.com
• 7 or so days before the Title Transfer date, call Gas and Electric providers to advise them of the upcoming sale date.
• Utilities must remain on through the Title Transfer date (if delayed possession, keep them on through the Possession date).
• It is recommended that Seller jot down the meter readings on Title Transfer Date.
• Seller should also schedule cable, phone, security system etc to be terminated at any time.
• Notify your agent when this is completed.
• 1-3 days before Title Transfer date, call the Gas and Electric providers to set up new accounts, service to start on the Closing date (if delayed possession, use the Possession date)
• It is recommended Buyer jot down meter readings on Title Transfer Date.
• If Buyer does not call to set up new accounts, services will be cancelled on Title Transfer or Possession date with delays, and possibility of additional charges to restart them, incurred by the BUYER.
• Buyer can schedule cable, phone, security system etc to start as of Title Transfer date.
• Buyer should call Water Company one week after Title Transfer to advise of new occupant’s name. (216)-664-3130 or www.ClevelandWater.com
Below are the most widely used companies for cable, internet, and phone service.